|Creative settings greet shoppers at the door!|
“Pam, you have to check this place out! It is my new favorite store!” That was the call I received from Gigi, so naturally I had to go check out a new consignment shop she discovered on the north side of San Antonio….what kind of fashion blogger would I be if I didn’t? Right?
San Antonio meet Dallas!! Dallas Smith moved to SA over a year ago as her husband’s job caused them to relocate. With many years of education experience as a school psychologist in her back pocket, Dallas spent 15 months attempting to find opportunities…only to come up dry as the drought itself. At 48, she decided there was no time like the present to follow her dreams and open a consignment boutique. “I have always loved consignment shops and you just do not find that many really good ones around,” she said. Sewing since she was a child, Dallas also has tried her hand at designing clothes and feels very comfortable offering style advice.
So, this summer, Serendipity Clothing, a resale and consignment boutique, was born. Boutique is the operative word here. When you enter the store, it feels as though you just walked into a high end clothing boutique with beautiful décor and hard wood floors. Dallas’ creative touch is throughout the store from the bright color schemes, to the actual artwork on the walls. One of her pictures hangs among eclectic selections from local artist, Lisa Hohertz of LH Design Elements who also sells her unique jewelry pieces in the shop.
|Artwork by local artists. Interested? Just call
“I wanted to create more of a boutique and not thrift store atmosphere with personalized interaction,” Dallas explains. Here is a woman confident of her styling abilities who desires to offer advice and assist customers who are looking for specific pieces. She has a wish list and will look for those items you most desire to see in your closet; she will style and present fashion shows; and also offers teachers a 10% discount! For consigners, Dallas desires for her consignment process to be user friendly and not too complicated or confusing.
I was personally pleased with the selections from Chico’s, Ann Taylor, White House/Black Market, Banana Republic, DKNY, and Coldwater Creek, but I saw a little bit of everything. There were many pieces to use for styling current trends! Finally, Serendipity’s shoe room….to die for! San Antonio….stop by this Saturday and meet Dallas….welcome her to town and step up your wardrobe for huge savings!
|Also, jewelry comes from local artist Mariposa, who
from Mexico and Columbia.
|Boutique owner: Dallas Smith|
|See me in the mirror taking pictures!!|
Does anyone know someone else who has entered the retail or fashion industry because they could not find work in their area of
I AM SO EXCITED TO BE SELECTED FOR INDEPENDENT
FASHION BLOGGERS’ LINKS A LA MODE….READ ALL OF THE GREAT SELECTIONS HERE:
Inspired by IFB, FNO & NYFW!
Edited by: Taylor Davies
The week of New York Fashion Week is one of the busiest of the entire year for the industry. It’s also one of the most inspiring for the IFB community. This week’s Links a la Mode features helpful posts about blogging that remind us of topics from our IFB Conference, as well as fun round ups of Fashion’s Night Out, NYFW shows, and designer inspiration.
The IFB Weekly Roundup: LINKS À LA MODE: September 15th
- Boyish Chic: FNO: A Night To Remember
- Cantabrigian: New York Fashion Week: Collections That Caught My Eye
- Cosmolawlitan: Fashion’s Night Out: A Business Review
- Designer Purushu: Inspired from Stella?
- Divergent Musings: On Why I Don’t Want to be a Professional Blogger
- Faery: Paris Diaries – Photographer’s block and Fashion’s Night Out
- Fashezine: Vogue Fashion Night
- Girl Loves Color: Color on the Runway: Peter Som
- I’m Too Fancy: FNO Street Style @ Missoni For Target
- January Sublime: London FNO & United Nude Party
- La Perle: Fashion’s Night Out – Paris!
- Mis Papelicos: Autumn Recap on Building a Better Blog
- Miss Viki: MG Vienna Fashion Week ‘11
- Over50Feeling40: Fashion’s Night Out in SA: Part 2… Visually Appealing
- Style Confessions: How To Afford Real Designer Clothing (On A Non-Designer Budget)
- Style. Love. Repeat.: Style: Blogger’s Night Out
- The Artful Shopper: Master Class with Rachel Zoe
- The Chic Sheet: Parabal Gurung 2012
- The Style Circuit: Ra’mon Lawrence S/S 2012 Presentation
- This Is A Yes: DVF Spring 2012
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine