I enjoy looking, because all of these places change their stock often and have reasonable (even cheap) prices, so if something does grab me, I can buy it without feeling guilty. I also use these little outings throughout the year to pick up stocking stuffers or fun little surprises for family and friends. On the way home, I might stop off at Starbuck’s and treat myself to a special coffee, or in the summer, my favorite indulgence is to purchase two large Dr. Pepper Icees at the gas station…one for me and one for my husband who is so willing to support the just-for-me-outings.”
Nancy and I have learned the importance of giving ourselves special treats or perks. If I take a little something from each paycheck for myself, no matter how small, it just seems to make my work more fun! My favorite perks have been sale clothing and shoes; fun accessories; good hair products; great makeup; pedicures; and massages.
I asked a few “over 40 ladies” (What is your favorite treat to give yourself?) and they all seem to love mani & pedis; one shouted CHICOS!!!; lunch with a girlfriend; and (by far my favorite answer) GRAETERS BUCKEYE BLITZ ICE CREAM from KENTUCKY loaded with chocolate and nuts (a close second is BEN AND JERRY’S New York Super Fudge Chunk)!
What is important??…Take care of YOU and discover joy in these little, special rewards! We are so good at doing this for others…we need to be good at doing it for ourselves so that we will not become despondent or bitter when we help those special ones in our lives.
For the other I MATTER posts, just click HERE!
What is your favorite reward??
- Please visit a few of the wonderful blogs that are sharing here.
- Please leave comments when you visit
- Please Link to your post and not to your blog home page
- Linkback on your post (optional, but always appreciated)
- Grab the hop button code from The button page (optional)
- No adult content blogs
- Please no more than 3 links to your blog
- No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)
- Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone’s favorite thing) Add your giveaways to Katherines Giveaways Page too!