Meet Gigi. Well, many of you already know her. For three years, she was a star on this blog with her fabulous, creative style. She is the one who talked me into blogging in the first place. But, last summer she moved away (sniff,sniff). Spring Break was special because we connected for a day of shopping, lunching, laughing, and sharing. Gigi always sends the I MATTER message with strength of her convictions, participating in something she loves (painting and teaching art), and looking fabulous every day. She is amazing when it comes to bargain shopping for designer looks. And we filled her trunk with bargains last week!
Every woman should have a GIGI in her life. Someone, friend or family, who will always encourage and knows how to balance truth and love. I know she will push me forward where I need it, but also give me sound, honest, cautionary advice when I need to hear that as well. I can trust her to tell me in a loving way if an outfit I try on is not going to work!!
It is important for any of you crossing over to the I MATTER side of life, so make sure you have this around you as well. Sometimes the people who drag us down the most are not going to go away…and that is really okay. If you are a blogger, you may also get the occasional nasty comment. These don’t ever go away either.
So, how do I handle this?
1. Understand when you are criticized, it is not about you. They usually have something unhappy in their life which is causing them to lash out at another.
2. Sometimes the criticism is valid and we must have the humility to process and see if there is anything within the comments we should constructively consider.
3. Keep your focus on your strengths and keep going forward…as I said last week, do not allow anyone to steal your joy.
4. Shake off the comments…change your thinking for that moment and focus on something more positive.
5. Set goals for your life and keep focused on those goals…not on a hurtful comment… once again,shake it off…it can be done.
6. Call your GIGI. It really helps to have a cheerleader for processing. She will keep you focused on making sure you carry your I MATTER SIGN.
7. For me, I also pray. Because I have a strong faith, I take everything to prayer.
We will get back to the specifics of my journey next week. However, it is important to understand that there are speed bumps on every road. You can get over them and continue on…just don’t stop. Call your Gigi!
Remember, you can find all of the I MATTER posts HERE!!
Now, please enjoy the wonderful bloggers of Katie’s Thursday Blog Hop…and link up with us as well!
ITS TIME FOR THE THURSDAY FAVORITE THINGS BLOG HOP!
It’s time to hop! Party and link up! The Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop is where you can link your favorite post of the week or write a post about your favorite things and share it with old and new followers. The hop is hosted and posted on 3 different blogs! Your link will appear on the blogs of Katherine’s Corner, Over 50 Feeling 40, and Vintage Mama. Three times the opportunity to make new bloggy friends and to share your wonderful blog and discover others to
Please DO NOT link and run…….
Please visit a few of the wonderful blogs that are sharing here.
Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherines Corner permission to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features on Katherines Corner. Note- All features on Katherines Corner will be linked back to the original source .Social media features are linked back to the hop
Hop on just click on the little blue frog
Fashion and Lifestyle Blog for women over 50 to help achieve strength, confidence, joy, inspiration, and, of course, head-turning personal style!