Meet Eileen! Like me, she has a passion for fashion! Her former life included her role as a buyer and working fashion retail’s long hours. Her current life includes being a wife, mom, mother-in-law to my son, and working when she wants as a substitute teacher. But, she still includes one day a week in fashion retail, so that she can keep an employee discount to look her very best.
Eileen understands we must make certain there is time for us! For some, that takes real effort. We are convinced there is no time in the day to focus on #1.
Once we force ourselves to care for ourselves, we can experience more joy and less bitterness about serving others….whether it is serving our families, our jobs, or both!
On a busy day, Eileen saw a sign “BOUTIQUE CLOSING…EVERYTHING MUST GO!” She took just a few minutes to pop in and walked out with this gorgeous jacket for only $12! Worth the time I would say!
Taking just a few minutes for YOU does not have to be shopping…it can be
1. Sitting quietly with a cup of coffee
2. A manicure or pedicure
3. A foot soak at home
4. A moment to sit with a drink in a book store or coffee shop and peruse the latest reading materials
5. Gym time!
6. A neighborhood walk
7. Psst…I have even gone to a matinee alone!
I am certain you can add to this list…just make sure you do it! Have a great week everyone. If you would like to read the past I MATTER posts, just click HERE!
Then enjoy the talents of the bloggers who participate in Katie’s Favorite Things Blog Hop..or hop on yourself!
ITS TIME FOR THE THURSDAY FAVORITE THINGS BLOG HOP!
- Please visit a few of the wonderful blogs that are sharing here.
- Please leave comments when you visit
- Please Link to your post and not to your blog home page
- Linkback on your post (optional, but always appreciated)
- Grab the hop button code from The button page (optional)
- No adult content blogs
- Please no more than 3 links to your blog
- No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)
- Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone’s favorite thing) Add your giveaways to Katherines Giveaways Page too!
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-37229379-2’, ‘auto’);