Hello again everyone! My participation in Fashion Flash (which goes up on Monday) requires I review past posts and every year I tell you about my love for July sales!!
Today, I am wearing a jacket recently purchased at CHICO’S…I like the way it has a touch of lace on the sides. This is how I prefer to do lace. Both this jacket and my new flats are great examples of why we need to try things on and spend time in the dressing room. The jacket is a size smaller than I usually wear at Chico’s and the shoes are a whole size larger…I actually grabbed them without checking the size, and they fit!! They are COLE HAAN, leather, bronze flats from DILLARDS…$40!
The five reasons I always shop July sales are simply this:
1. I have the time in the summer to go actually marathon shop…visit a variety of places and try things on!
2. Summer items are on sale to clear out shelves for fall fashion…and in steamy South Texas, we wear warm weather clothes the longest.
3. However, cold weather items are always on the sale racks and I can pick up some great wardrobe additions for little to nothing. I just purchased a couple of beautiful, V Neck sweaters from TALBOT’S RED HANGER SALE for just $25 each! And, of course, NORDSTROM is about to roll out the new season with it’s huge ANNIVERSARY SALE beginning now for cardholders, and July 18 to everyone else. I have my eyes on a pair of black booties and a leather jacket…we will see!
4. I use July sales as a way to build the functional wardrobe I desire which fits my style. I can find those quality pieces I so want to add at reasonable prices. Last week, I bought EILEEN FISHER pants and a statement jacket at
Dillard’s for 65% off!! All season items were on the racks.
5. Finally, I budget for this! It is one of the reasons I teach summer school…I know I will save money and reap rewards shopping in July.
There you have it…my reasons for celebrating this time of year!! (I told you July was full of celebrations). Has anyone else hit the sales…if so, what did you add to your closet??
I hope you will
1. Enter my contest at the top of the sidebar!
2. Visit the fun bloggers of VISIBLE MONDAY!!
3. Visit the amazing midlife bloggers of FASHION FLASH! Our hostess today is Jackie of Aging Backwards. I show you what I bought in July sales a couple of years ago…still wear those items!
4. Visit the stylish bloggers of MONDAY MINGLE!
5. Return Tuesday to see what the French think about accessories!