What dark room is housing my little I MATTER sign this week? I pulled out the sign at the end of a recent massage session. Alright, everyone, true confessions time. For years, I was afraid of massage. I thought it questionable and I did not have the courage to allow someone else to do this to me when I was not fully clothed…perhaps I was a prude…or tainted by old stereotypes…but whatever the reason, I am so glad it is in my past!
When we carry the I MATTER sign, we should be willing to do whatever will keep us healthy… and in my personal lifestyle, that includes massage. I have always had tight muscles and difficulty relaxing. Good friends convinced me I needed to join them on the table! Benefits of massage for me have been relaxation, release of stress, body preparation for workouts, flexibility to prevent injuries, de-toxify my system, and sleep assistance. I am not able to do it as often as I wish; however, it is now approved in my health care plan…you might check that out in your own plan.
If you have never gone for a massage before, here are a few things to remember:
1. In most places, you can request the gender of the therapist you prefer.
2. Talk to them about your concerns and any problems you have been experiencing such as migraine headaches, pulled muscles, lack of sleep, etc.
3. You can tell them if you prefer light, medium, or deep tissue massage.
4. You decide how much clothing to keep on or take off. They are very careful with coverage and respectful of your privacy.
5. It is not best to go right after eating. Better to have an empty stomach and eat later.
6. Afterwards, drink lots of water the rest of the day.
There are many ways we pamper ourselves…I know the list is long…but I highly recommend massage be on your priority list or gift list. You will not regret it!
My husband really blessed me this year on my birthday…just had to share the card! Have a great week and make sure you visit the blogs of Katie’s Favorite Things Blog Hop!
And for all of the I Matter Posts…click on the picture at the top of the sidebar!
TS TIME FOR THE THURSDAY FAVORITE THINGS BLOG HOP!
It’s time to hop! Party and link up! The Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop is where you can link your favorite post of the week or write a post about your favorite things and share it with old and new followers. The hop is hosted and posted on 3 different blogs! Your link will appear on the blogs of Katherine’s Corner, Over 50 Feeling 40, and Vintage Mama. Three times the opportunity to make new bloggy friends and to share your wonderful blog and discover others to
Please DO NOT link and run…….
- Please visit a few of the wonderful blogs that are sharing here.
- Please leave comments when you visit
- Please Link to your post and not to your blog home page
- Linkback on your post (optional, but always appreciated)
- Grab the hop button code from The button page (optional)
- No adult content blogs
- Please no more than 3 links to your blog
- No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)
- Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone’s favorite thing) Add your giveaways to Katherines Giveaways Page too!
Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherines Corner permission to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features on Katherines Corner. Note- All features on Katherines Corner will be linked back to the original source .Social media features are linked back to the hop