I am not going to share my friend’s picture. However, she does represent huge numbers of mothers, grandmothers, and career women who are attempting to balance their lives every day. At 58, she was not ready to simply, yet firmly, say NO! So, what typically happens is the overloaded, stressed out, hit a wall somewhere along the way. Often the wake-up-call moment is a health crisis screaming inside our heads, we have neglected ourselves in order to please others.
I have met so many amazing women in the past four years who are refusing to draw boundaries, and struggle with saying NO. They attempt to be superstars at work…problem solvers at home…burden bearers for extended family…school volunteers…leaders at church…need I go on? All of this leaves behind a bulging schedule, sleep deprivation, fast food meals, grooming neglect, and joy zapped. Our present day society almost demands us to…Do More, Do More, and Do More!!
Nothing wrong with that… as long as we do more for ourselves as well.
Do you struggle with setting boundaries? or even with people pleasing? Let’s discuss!
Then enjoy the talented bloggers of Katie’s Favorite Things Blog Hop!
- Please visit a few of the wonderful blogs that are sharing here.
- Please leave comments when you visit
- Please Link to your post and not to your blog home page
- Linkback on your post (optional, but always appreciated)
- Grab the hop button code from The button page (optional)
- No adult content blogs
- Please no more than 3 links to your blog
- No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)
- Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone’s favorite thing) Add your giveaways to Katherines Giveaways Page too!