I am pleased today to bring another guest post to I MATTER. The beautiful author known as Therese shares with the 50-something crowd a little inspiration. Welcome Therese….
“We’re programmed to believe that if we haven’t achieved a dream by a certain age we may as well give up. This is a myth – we are capable of bigger and better as life goes on. Why on earth should there be a cutoff point beyond which we have to lower our expectations or stop challenging ourselves? We need to embrace life’s challenging moments head on and I remind myself of that every day.”
1. Is there a novel in you? One of the characters in my new book is a fabulous fifty-something who is an established author – of course that doesn’t happen overnight, but if you’re not sure you are ready to tap away at the computer quite yet, think about writing a journal. It is a brilliant way of keeping track of how you feel, the things which inspire you and what makes you laugh. You never know what ideas it might trigger in weeks or years to come.
2. Go it alone – whether it’s dining out or a weekend away – dare to spend some time by yourself, it feels liberating and you never know who you might meet.
3. Wardrobe re-vamp – ok, so not all of us can afford to dress like the gorgeous Ines de La Fressange (I’m addicted to her Parisian Chic book,) but investing in a little classic staple like a navy blazer or a biker jacket will make any wardrobe feel tres chic
4. Be brave – my characters fight through their fears, they take control of their lives, change career (from teacher to events supremo) or country ( from London to Los Angeles ) but even walking into a room full of strangers and challenging yourself to have a chat with the gorgeous man in the corner or the interesting looking woman of about your age, is a great way of starting to mix things up
5. Speak French! – you might not have done it since you were at school but being able to order smoked salmon on a day trip to Paris or even in your local bistro will feel amazing – trust me on this one, I’ve been pretending to be French all my life. I hope you will join me in ordering her book, just click LETTER FROM PARIS. (This is an Amazon compensated affiliate link) And I really can’t wait to read this book…thanks for your words, Therese, for
I MATTER will return in two weeks…after all of the holiday celebrations are done. Now, drum roll please…come back tomorrow for a really big announcement! Enjoy each moment!
Now, enjoy the gifted and talented bloggers of Katie’s Favorite Things Blog Hop…or even hop on yourself.
It’s time to hop! Party and link up! The Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop is where you can link your favorite post of the week or write a post about your favorite things and share it with old and new followers. The hop is hosted and posted on 3 different blogs! Your link will appear on the blogs of Katherine’s Corner, Over 50 Feeling 40, and Vintage Mama. Three times the opportunity to make new bloggy friends and to share your wonderful blog and discover others to
Please DO NOT link and run…….
Please visit a few of the wonderful blogs that are sharing here.