I use to partake in it….even knowing I shouldn’t, it was so easy to fall into the behavior. I did not understand the damage and the power it could hold over me. But, now on the other side of changing, I am super sensitive when women make the decision to do it.
I am taking about negative self- talk…putting ourselves down and becoming our own worst enemy. Since joining the world of retail sales associates, I am stunned at how many women talk negatively about themselves in the dressing rooms, in front of the three way mirrors, and out loud where everyone can hear.
Words are so powerful and can lead any of us down a path to depression. Even if a woman is unfortunate to live around people who constantly criticize her, the way to change is to begin to see the positives all of us possess. Confidence can shut up many bullies, or take away their power over us.
It begins with little, baby steps. So before you shop….
1. Look in the mirror and name three positives you see. Beautiful eyes, sunny smile, thick hair…whatever they are…speak the affirmations out loud.
2. Understand all garments are designed and sized differently. If a garment does not look good on you, it is not any failure on your part, it is just the construction of the garment.
3. Go out knowing your best colors, and the needs in your wardrobe.
4. Seek help from a sales associate. They know best what is in the store. A good sales associate can show you how to enhance the positives, and down play the problem areas.
5. Have the courage to step outside of the dressing room and look in the three way mirror. You want to look your best going and coming.
Then, when you get home, look in the mirror once again and complement yourself on a job well done. The minute you begin to put you down, STOP…. and remember I MATTER!
Now, go find some great summer ideas and recipes on the Thursday Blog Hop….and
Have a wonderful holiday weekend! Also, remember 50 women will receive this amazing new product FREE, FINESS!
Welcome to the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop! You can link your favorite post of the week. Or write a post about your favorite things and share it with old and new followers. This hop is hosted and posted on 6 different blogs! Your link will appear on the blogs of Katherines Corner, Over 50 Feeling 40, Vintage Mamas Cottage, All That’s Jas, What Erika Wears and Surroundings by Debi. Please follow ALL of your hostesses.
We invite you to Grab a Hop Button for your blog (just copy and paste with a link back please)
• PLEASE DO NOT link and run, please visit and comment on at least two of the links ahead of you. This simple act of kindness will result in a much more satisfying blog hop experience ♥
• Please link to your post and not to your blog home page.Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone’s favorite thing).
• Please remember to post no more than 3 links.
• No adult content blogs.
• No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)
♥ Optional- Link back on your post and/or Grab the hop button .
Please leave comments when you visit, let them know you are visiting from the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop . I invite you to add your giveaways toKatherines Giveaways Page too
Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherine and her hostesses permission to share your posts and pictures via social media, pinterest and as a Make It Monday feature on Katherines Corner.♥