2016 is in full swing and for me brings many new challenges with the career reinvention. This is my first year completely on my own with self-employment, and I am constantly learning and tweaking. When you dive into something new after age sixty, there has to be a huge learning curve…
1. Flexibility…it is a must. I have to be willing to do a variety of different jobs and not attempt to shove it all into one small box.
2. Perseverance…the year started with small surgery, and taxes due. But, I must keep going on…
3. One day At A Time…If I only concentrate on making this one day successful, then I don’t worry about the future and get discouraged.
4. Focus…while flexibility is important, I must also make sure I focus on my business, strengths, and experience. I cannot allow myself to chase rabbits on other trails and which might cause the main business to suffer. I also need to focus on learning more and staying educated.
5. Family…Now that the business is ME, I have to make sure I shut it down every day (physically and mentally) and give my family priority time. I cannot allow those relationships to suffer in the pursuit of financial security.
Finally, I must be frugal and wise with fashion choices. I may be self employed and currently working mostly at home, but, I still want to dress well every day because no one knows what the day will bring. I found this Chico’s jacket at a wonderful re-sale shop in our area called CLOTHES MENTOR. All other pieces have been in my wardrobe for a while. One great piece purchased from re-sale/consignment can keep the wardrobe fresh for less.
I hope to encourage more of you that career reinvention is possible later in life…not necessarily easy, but possible. Now, please go enjoy the wonderful blogs of the Thursday Blog Hop!!
I am also linking up with FASHION FRIDAY LINK UP
It’s time to share your blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop!