Hello everyone! I know many of you are accustomed to finding the Style Sweet Spot collaboration I have been doing with Jennifer Connolly. She is on the road and not certain what her plans are for the remainder of the summer…so we will re-evaluate our collaboration later. For now, I am beginning a new series each Sunday called Summer Sunday Style Sweet Spot, which will feature a look each week either on me or a friend I really like and believe hits that sweet spot. I will explain why I like it and possibly how you can make it work for you. Would love your comments and suggestions! So I am pleased to feature a friend and local business owner, Linda for our first Summer Sunday Style Sweet Spot look….
I met Linda for lunch recently and she arrived in this fabulous outfit which was perfect for lunching with the girls. She received so much encouragement from us that she has decided to wear this look for a special event with her boyfriend.
First off, I loved the metallic slate gray color of the tunic with these floral tights…which is a bold statement for women over 50…but super fun, don’t you think? In order to pull this off, I would suggest you remember:
1. Your tunic needs to be long and cover all of the “proper” areas to cover.
2. This would work with a short dress also.
3. Linda’s tunic is structured and fits really well. The shoulder seams hit her shoulders’ ends and the collared shirt which buttons down the front is very flattering and chic. It would not look as good with a boxy, over-sized tunic.
4. This is a more casual look and probably not appropriate in most offices.
5. No matter where you wear a long tunic with tights, make certain they are thicker and not too thin. But I do love her floral pattern.
She complimented the look with silver jewelry which is styled just right. And she made it a summer style with a peep toe shoe and beautiful red toenails. Loved it. This hits the style sweet spot for me!
What about you? Let us know and then remember to…
I have selected some similar items for your consideration below….