This week is dedicated to I MATTER. I began the I MATTER posts as a way to remind us that we need to be at the top of our own priority list. We need to make sure we care for ourselves emotionally and physically. However, being mothers, grandmothers, wives, friends, professionals, and volunteers, we tend to take better care of others than we do of ourselves. So, sometimes it is good to stop and re-focus…literally, smell the roses.
Though I am the one who has preached this message for the last eight years, I occasionally have to remind myself of this. For the past year, I have not been on the priority list and it has been wearing at me physically and emotionally. I have allowed a situation to rob my joy and my health. I allowed stress eating to take over…poor sleeping patterns to develop…occasional despondency to set in. I did not have the courage to make necessary changes at the time. Fortunately, I began working to turn things around in the last month and now am going full throttle to make big changes. Why? Because I MATTER. Here is what I have started and will ramp up this week…my I MATTER cleanse, if you will:
- This week I will stay 15 minutes longer in the gym every day for the next two weeks, and get up and move more during the day for always. (my workouts have been going well and I am seeing it show in inches lost and strength gained)
- I will eat less sugar and smaller, healthier servings.
- I will return to healthy, productive, joyful thinking and not allow others to affect it. Just in the last two days I have felt more joyful and relief just considering a return to I MATTER. Let me just say to you, ladies…do not allow anyone to disrepect or dishonor you. Do not give them that power. Honor and respect yourself by not allowing someone to put you down or it wears at your inner being. Life is too short to stay in toxic situations.
- I will not fear change, and be open to new beginnings…no matter what that means or where it takes me.
- I will return to loving to interact with people again. I have become a little bit of a recluse in the last few months and I miss going out and enjoying people and the world around me.
- I will clean out some clutter at home and get organized. I will also finish setting up my new office at home.
I believe we all know that we can do even more for those we love, if we will just take proper care of #1. It’s a choice we make daily. What areas have you allowed to slip? What do you need to do to take better care of yourself?
Let us know, and of course………………………………………………………..
Now a little I MATTER SELF CARE…CHECK OUT THESE PRODUCTS FOR PAMPERING: