Fall is officially only 20 days away. It rings in on the calendar on Monday, September 23. But, officially unofficially it began at my house last week…because I love the season that much. I am holding a tiny little pumpkin to signify my gentle transition in to a fall wardrobe. You can see fall came to my home decor over the weekend, but there will be more about that later.
There are five things I keep in mind when I am ready to take my style toward a new season. I realize it is very hot outside and in South Texas our weather hasn’t budged toward a change of seasons…but I still can.
- I put away my summery pastel pieces, and I begin to wear more of the saturated colors which are on trend for fall…like this Cobalt Blue. I believe this year, Pantone is calling it Galaxy Blue. But all of the tones are very similar and I see it most of the places where I shop.
- I begin to wear lighter versions of a Fall look. This lightweight black vest is from JJill and is 58% linen and 42% viscose rayon yarn. I have a heavier knit black vest which I can begin to wear in its place when the weather does turn cooler. But for now, this works well.
- I do not wear that many sandals any longer because of my hammer toes, but I now will officially put them away until next spring and wear more closed toe shoes…I love smoking flats this time of year. This pair is from Aerosole and I found them at Marshalls a few years ago. Very classic with a embroidered crest on the top of the shoe. I love little details!
4. I wear heavier neutrals in the fall and winter. Though I wear black all year long, I wear it more during this time. I have plaid pants with white background for summer and now with the black background for fall. I am a huge fan of JJill’s Quinn Pant.
5. I put away the summer prints now. These are florals with summer flowers and colors or stripes and plaids with summer colors. I still love prints, so I bring out the ones with more saturated colors.
This is a work outfit for me this week, but I would wear it lots of places even if I was not working full time. Tomorrow I will have another transition outfit for you to see how I begin to more through the next 20 days. But, summer fashion is now officially over for me…I don’t care how hot it is. I am a Fall Girl! (BTW: This is an old Chicos necklace. I cannot link to it) I did put the vest and pants and similar garments in the style show below.
Anyone else joining me in the seasonal transition now?? Please share….and as always