2020 has been one big roller coaster ride for the majority of us. Six months of events so far that none of us could’ve predicted in January. I should not have been surprised when on the same day my blog turns 10, my employer lays off 243 people…of which I am one. Oh, I have suspected the worst for some time now. Higher Education was hit hard by the coronavirus and is still in flux. Most employees in higher education are funded making their jobs safe and secure. But, for those of us added to the budget without funding (grants etc) we were some of the first to receive a wave goodbye.
Mr. B was hoping I would make it in the professional world for three more years before needing to file for retirement. It doesn’t appear that will be the case because I really have no desire to return to an office at this time, But, my grandson has taught me to change my perspective. He is the oldest grandchild at the ripe old age of 7. He loves being home with his brothers and parents, and he loves the easy life with no rushing or stress to finish projects for school or activities. So, each time my daughter has told him something has been cancelled, his response has been, “This is my best year ever!”
A NEW SUN IS RISING
With the determination to make this “the best year ever,” I have decided the following:
- I will harbor no bitterness or anger. That only hurts me…no one else.
- I will not blame this on aging. As the talented Diane Von Furstenberg wrote, “Aging is out of your control. How you handle it is in your hands.”
- I will view this as an opportunity to finally do what I have been meant to do my whole life…be a full time writer of what I want to write. I heard this quote in the last few months and keep it in my phone: “You don’t want to wake up and realize that you didn’t do what you were destined to do.” I began writing in 5th grade and it has been a part of me ever since that time. I believe I was destined to write. With that said, I do have many plans.
- Accept change as inevitable. It seems like my life on the other side of 50 has been one new chapter after another. Just over age 50, I have: Gone through a major reinvention inside and out; started this blog; completed 16 years as a high school teacher; experienced two years as Editor-in-Chief of a local city magazine; served two years as an Associate Communications Director in a public university in the 7th largest city in the country, finally, for the past 10 years I have constantly worked two jobs and not taken a real vacation.
So, here I go… once again…change is forced upon me. This time I am very excited and ready!
5. Finally, without the distractions of other commitments, I can pour more of myself into this blog. I love the blog…the audience…the topics…and have always been forced to only give it half of me. Now, I can give it all and I am excited to see where that will lead. I am excited about what the future many hold.
HOW YOU CAN HELP ME
I do need to generate income where ever possible. This will effect Mr. B and me in many ways, but I have promised him to give it my all and do everything I can to make this work. There was a time four years ago that I thought I could make this plunge, but I allowed fear to set in and stop me.
- First of all, if you are a praying woman…please add me to your prayer list.
- Next, the easiest way for me to generate income is to build the audience and numbers I reach with the site. If you share it and tell others about it, then you are helping me in huge ways. Ask any Facebook groups you are in to stop by and visit the blog. The more who come, the more I will make through ads on the site. I will continue to build it…make the content relatable and hope more will come.
- If you are shopping and click through brands in the slideshows and make your purchase that way, then I will make an affiliate fee. I also make affiliate fees on Amazon (why I link books through Amazon) and through the sales of GOLI at the bottom of each post.
- Please be patient with the ads and with sponsored posts. They make it possible for me to cover costs and remain here.
- When I announce other projects, please consider supporting them. This will not happen soon…I am still reeling some from the changes. But also reeling with ideas in my head.
HOW CAN I HELP YOU?
As the high school musical cast sings…we are all in this together. So please let me know, how I can help you. What topics would you like discussed…what items are you shopping for…what are your favorite places to shop?? Let me know how I can serve you best through this site.
I am so appreciative of each one of you….I said in January that 2020 was going to be a special year. I obviously did not know at the time what that meant…but I am determined to make it special and to give you great content each time you visit.
Thank you for the listening ear! if anyone else has lost work due to the pandemic, my heart goes out to you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I will see you tomorrow with more about my journey to become an elegant woman. And I promise to always……………………………………………….
Today’s slideshow is called FUN FINDS ON ETSY!
JUST A NOTE:
There are several ways that I generate income through this blog in order to cover business expenses and give myself much needed income. Purchases through the slideshow links is one way, ads on the page is one way and a new way is through ordering or re-ordering the GOLI Apple Cider Vinegar gummies through me with my GOLI LINK HERE. Again, if you are not familiar with the benefits of apple cider vinegar, you should speak with your personal physician. My husband and I are sold on the benefits and I am proud to represent this product. I am going to leave this at the bottom of my posts so that when you, friends or family would like to order you can use my link. Thanks for the support. This is a great product; as well as, the ones below!
Mr. B and I love our meals from Sun Basket!
My Complexion Loves Chamonix:
By Pamela Lutrell