Welcome to the last week of October! Let’s continue to celebrate fall on this Monday with affordable fashion ideas, recipes for fall treats, and wrap it all in a touch of cashmere on sale from an elegant woman!
Today, I want to remind you that the most affordable clothing is what is already in your closet! These two outfits were two of my favorites from last fall.
The green jacket is a treasure find from Goodwill San Antonio, and the colorful topper is one of my favorites from Soft Surroundings. They both stayed when I did my big closet purge.
Wearing what you love over and over again is actually a trait of elegant women. Simplicity…less is more…and wearing often what you feel confident in are what most elegant women seem to live by.
But I would love more cashmere…more about that below!
Autumn Treats at Favorite Places
Do you have favorite places you just long to go by again and again? I know the pandemic has taken the frequency away, but some of us can still stop by occasionally or order takeout.
I am once again sharing with you one of my favorite places in San Antonio….Bird Bakery in Alamo Heights.
They have been very innovative to keep their business alive…such as selling their cookie dough or cookie decorating kits.
Elizabeth Chambers, the owner, was inspired by her grandmother’s baking. She has openly shared some of her favorite recipes….so today, here is one of my personal favorites.
This one cookie could actually be a meal (of course not KETO!) and the dough freezes well. You can tell by the ingredients that this makes ALOT of cookies….great gifts to pass around too!
Bird Bakery Monster Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups Fine Sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp very high quality vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon light Karo syrup
- 2 1/2 cups high quality chunky peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 4 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups regular M&M and 1 1/2 cups peanut M&Ms
- Cream together butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs one at a time. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla, baking soda and syrup. Add peanut butter and mix until smooth. Carefully add oats one cup at a time, mixing well. Stir in the chocolate chip and M&Ms, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Scoop onto baking sheet using a serving spoon or small ice cream scoop. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- Tip: Make the cookies ahead of time and freeze the batter before baking for a stress-free dessert or late night snack!
CASHMERE FROM AN ELEGANT LADY
Well, get ready, because this is CASHMERE WEEK at Black. I have heard from several readers who gifted these items and were very pleased.
Cashmere Week runs from October 25 – November 1, and everything cashmere is 20% off.
Their Best Selling Products Include
These are such lovely items and always come beautifully packaged. Check out all Cashmere Gifts and Accessories. I am honored to represent Black again this year.
Thanks for being here…I love bringing these brands and ideas to you! Any special plans for the last week of October? Please share….and, as always………..
By Pamela Lutrell
Disclaimer: I was compensated for a portion of the post, and provided income through affiliate links. The words are my own.