Happy Tuesday, all! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. Today I want to share a few fall outfit tips for warmer climates.
Living in South Texas, I know this topic well. While the stores are packed with lovely sweaters and coats, we are tasked with wearing fall outfits which make us smile; and not sweat!
The top picture was taken this past weekend at an artisan fair…Mr. B and I stopped by after church or, otherwise, I might have been dressed in shorts.
However, this type of look will be put on the racks now that Labor Day is over.
FALL OUTFIT TIPS FOR WARMER CLIMATES
FALL OUTFIT TIP #1 AND #2 FOR THOSE IN WARMER CLIMATES
- Though the old rule about wearing white after Labor Day is long gone, I choose to wear my white pants just for special outfits. For fall, I go darker with my pants, but try to also wear lighter fabrics. The look above will be one of my favorites this fall as we wait for the weather to turn colder. The fall pants in my wardrobe include brown, tan, camel, olive, and blue in pants and denim. The pants I am wearing are perfect for warmer climates…they are the Chico’s Convertible Ankle Pants in Champignon. This JJILL cardigan and tank are no longer available.
- Pay attention to the fabrics and go for the lighter fabrics…and you can find pieces in fall colors in lightweight fabrics...even linen.
FALL OUTFIT TIP #3 FOR THOSE FOR WARMER CLIMATES
- Take your favorite prints from the summer version to the darker fall version. This is my fall animal print. Especially animal prints come in seasonal versions.
FALL OUTFIT TIP #4 FOR WARMER CLIMATES
2. Find your colors in sleeveless, lightweight tops and wear them under a seasonal topper. A topper can be a shirt like I showed in animal print, kimonos, or lightweight cardigans.
You may remember that I wear sleeveless tops and tanks under toppers often…that is because of the warmer climate.
FALL OUTFIT TIP #5 FOR WARMER CLIMATES
3. Shop for popover blouses with the sleeve tabs that go longer or shorter.
This top is a color called shabby rose in the Women’s Simply Vera Vera Wang Popover Blouse that Is offered in 10 colors.
I want to note how pleased I am to see many options this year with rounded hemlines…which are more flattering.
FALL OUTFIT TIP #6 FOR WARMER CLIMATES
6. Do not forget how great dresses are with a ballet flat or even sneaker until the weather gets cooler, then add a boot or bootie to the same dress.
This is the Women’s Nine West Georgette Collar Pleated Dress in Large Brushstroke that is available in seven options. This black, blue, and rust print would work for cool palette women!
FALL OUTFIT TIP #7 FOR WARMER CLIMATES
7. Kimonos are a fun way to transition to a fall wardrobe. I wear many kimonos in the fall.
Click on Sonoma Kimonos and Ruanas to see what Kohl’s has to offer.
I tried this one on with the Women’s Simply Vera Vera Wang Relaxed Fit Textured Tee in Olive Meadow…available in eleven colors.
This slideshow features a few of my favorite kimonos out right now….
And I love this Embroidered Crinkled Kimono just arrived at JJILL….beautiful blue.
FALL OUTFIT TIP #7 FOR WARMER CLIMATES
7. Transition your accessories first. It is easiest to put away those straw bags and sandals first thing. Today’s feature picture will be the last time I style a look with my staw handbag.
I try my best to take my footwear from sandals to closed toe shoes after Labor Day…that just tells me mentally that summer is over.
FALL OUTFIT TIPS FOR WARMER CLIMATES AT MARSHALL’S
I also stopped by Marshall’s to check out the autumn vibes!
FALL OUTFIT TIP #8 FOR WARMER CLIMATES
8. Add lightweight prints to your wardrobe in colors which speak “Fall”
Marshall’s is such a great place to go to add a few pieces to your fall wardrobe which work for warmer climates. Think prints and colors which speak fall.
HOWEVER, after all of these tips remember your best fall shopping will be done with your personal best colors and personal style adjectives in mind.
Marshall’s is also a fun place for seasonal decorations or party supplies.
For all of us who are in the autumn warm color palettes, this time of year is much easier. I wear autumn colors all year long now…just in different styles and fabric weights for the season.
Since I live in a warmer climate, then shopping the sales for summer cardigans and tops makes sense. I can wear those almost all year.
For those of you who join me in warmer climates, I hope these tips have helped and have you thinking about your wardrobe. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Get ready for your weekly lifestyle newsletter tomorrow….I hope to see you then…have fun with fall and make sure that you….
By Pamela Lutrell
I appreciate your support of this blog by shopping with my SHOPPING LINKS, and if you don’t see the retailer you need for anything, just send me an email and I will see if I have a link or if there is a sale you are looking for!
Email is email@example.com.
A special thank you to everyone who does this to offer your support of the blog!!
Check out my new video on YOUTUBE and please consider a subscription to my channel….Pamela Lutrell’s Channel.