|Flowers everywhere is a summer trend!|
Katy, at Modly Chic, has returned from her travels and selected SUMMER TRENDS for the Friday discussion.
This will be a review for over50feeling40 readers, because all of the summer trends I selected to participate in this year have already been discussed on the blog. I would also like to refer you to Sal at Already Pretty. She wrote an excellent post this week about following trends. I personally like to participate in a trend because it keeps my wardrobe fresh, fun and creative, but I have to weigh each trend very carefully. I do not want to look like someone who is trying too hard to be younger and hip…and I do not have the money to buy trends for trends sake. It must be something that I believe has longevity. With those thoughts in mind….drumroll, please….the summer trends I have chosen include:
|Rather than white on white, I prefer
khaki on white
1. The Cigarette pant: This slimmer, shorter version of the pant reincarnated from old Hollywood is not a Capri, but stops at the ankle and I was surprised to find it very flattering.
2. White on White: Wearing solid white or white with a khaki accent. I chose the latter. When I wear white on white, I kind of feel like a giant marshmallow!!
3. Floral: I love floral fashion!! I have two floral dresses…. Floral blouses…floral rings…floral shoes…and floral scarves!! I wore floral before flowers were cool…..
4. Pretty, pastel nail polish: I am in love with the new colors by Essie. I wear the green (vernia)!!
5. Lace: What girl doesn’t love lace? On Tuesday of the coming week, Every Body Every Wear will feature all participating bloggers in lace. Make sure you plan to check it out or even participate!
|This lace cardigan from Stein Mart
is one of my favorite spring
Those are my five favorite trends!! Today, for me is FACIAL FRIDAY! I am scheduled to receive an Anti-Aging Facial for next week’s wedding…tomorrow, hair day!! I will let you know details of the facial. Posting next week may be sporadic…I will have to see how it goes…wedding week is scheduled to be a little insane! Now head over to Modly Chic and check out more summer trends…..
Have a wonderful weekend all!!
|Hats are back…but I do not
have one yet!!