Welcome to a fun collaboration with Jennifer of A Well Styled Life and Pam of over50feeling40. We desire for all of us… the fabulous women over 50 …to look and feel our best each and every day. After years of blogging for this audience, we have heard from so many of you about your discouragement and despondency when you look in the mirror every morning. But, we both know just how transformative style can be, and hope to encourage you right here each week. We want to see all of us empowered with strength, joy, and confidence.
Spring Break…warmer weather…summer approaching… winter fatigue…it is that time of year when many are ready to hit the road! I do agree with my partner, Jennifer Connolly, some of the shabbiest dressing I have seen lately is at the airport! This post is meant to give ideas for how to up your style for the airport only. Here is a typical outfit I would wear to the airport during cooler weather.
The tailored MICHAEL KORS BOYFRIEND BLAZERjust gives a casual style a bump. It provides just enough for entering and exiting the plane in cooler weather. But, for warmer times, I tend to get hot on planes, so here is what I would consider….
1. Comfort does not mean sloppy. There are so many comfortable, stylish garments.
2. Attention to fabrics can mean you look good, do not wrinkle, and remain appropriate for most climates. This IC from DILLARDS jacket feels like a crinkly crepe, but is 100% polyester. It looks great, keeps its shape, and does not wrinkle. The design of this jacket is very flattering for my curves! The pants are rayon/nylon/spandex and from ELIZABETH’S BOUTIQUE IN SAN ANTONIO I wear these a lot…again, they are cool, comfortable, don’t wrinkle and look way better than a yoga pant.
3. Comfort shoes do not have to be sneakers. These are LUCKY BRAND FLATS FROM MACY’S.
4. Accessories…I do not wear much jewelry while traveling so that it does not catch on anything. This statement jacket does not need any additions…it is a stand alone piece. Adding a necklace would be overkill.
5. When I am confident, I am comfortable.
I say this often…you never know who you will sit next to in an airport lobby or on a plane. I represent my brand now and am always looking for opportunity…yes, even at age 62! I do not want to miss an opportunity because I did not give my best that day. Also, when I get off a plane ready for what is ahead…there is no need to rush to a hotel to dress.
Confidence is key for a successful day and trip!
Now, let’s go see what JENNIFER AT A WELL STYLED LIFE wore to the airport…she is actually on a vacation!