Welcome to a fun collaboration with Jennifer of A Well Styled Life and Pam of over50feeling40. We desire for all of us… the fabulous women over 50 …to look and feel our best each and every day. After years of blogging for this audience, we have heard from so many of you about your discouragement and despondency when you look in the mirror every morning. But, we both know just how transformative style can be, and hope to encourage you right here each week. We want to see all of us empowered with strength, joy, an
It’s that really busy time of year…as you can see…I haven’t even managed to water my plants well! December brings a whole new level of stress, so my style tip for this month for women over 50 is GO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW to make your style confident and easy.
Here is what I know about a look like the one I am wearing today:
1. Column dressing underneath works for me…it is slimming to have the black tank and the black leggings flowing together in one elongated look. I do this often because it is a style technique I trust and feel my best in.
2. Stick with your best colors which you know for certain work on you…for me that is jewel tones. The color of the tunic and the scarf are some of my best colors.
3. Accessorize in such as way a to make your look fun. Here I wore a scarf and a necklace…once again to elongate the look and help me appear slimmer.
4. Go with garments which fit you best. I know a slim legged pant or legging fits me the best and the ponte knit is one of my favorite fabrics for style and comfort.
5. Finally, when busy, stick with the retailers you trust! This outfit is from JJILL’S December Catalog. I already own the JJILL FOUNDATIONS for underneath…several tanks and leggings. But to complete this style, I selected
JJILL LAYERED LONG TUNIC (Currently on sale)
The scarf purchase is from JJill’s Compassion Collection where 100% of the proceeds go to help women in need. I agree with them…compassion does connect us all.
Those are my easy/confident dressing tips for December…I hope it will help you to enjoy this busy time a little more.
Now, let’s go see what JENNIFER OF A WELL STYLED LIFE has for us to consider this month!
Linking up with FASHION SHOULD BE FUN FRIDAY
Disclaimer: I was provided product for this post, but the words are my own.