As long as we were discussing working out and our health this week, I thought I would share with you the three spices I eat every single day…and have for months. They are cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and turmeric.I actually put a dash of cayenne pepper and cinnamon in my morning protein shake (Who doesn’t need a little kick in the morning). The shake consists of a cup of Almond Milk, a scoop of the Whole Food Protein Mix by Juice Plus, a pinch of chia seeds, a pinch of flaxseeds, and a few chucks of frozen mango…with the spices of course.It is a delicious way to start my day…I make this concoction after I return from the gym in the morning. Now, the turmeric is in my tea which I drink on ice later in the morning every day.
Here are the benefits of each which convinced me to begin a daily routine with the spices…all areas I need help in…
- Source of Antioxidants
- Contains Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Protects Heart Health
- Fights Diabetes
- Helps Defend Against Cognitive Decline & Protects Brain Function
- Fights Infections & Viruses
- Naturally Freshens Breath
- Natural Sweetner
- Helps Digestion. One of the major cayenne pepper benefits is the positive effect it has on the digestive system
- Relieves Migraine Pain
- Prevents Blood Clots
- Provides Detox Support
- Relieves Joint and Nerve Pain
- Supports Weight Loss
- Works as Anti-Irritant
- Boosts Metabolism
- (My observation) After using just a little every day for a long time, I am tolerating and enjoying spicy food better. Which living in San Antonio is a good thing!
- Increases the antioxidant capacity of the body
- Natural anti-inflammatory compound
- Should help prevent heart disease
Are there any spices you use every day? Please share your secrets…..