|Sometimes the art room is the back drop!
At least it is not MY room all
1. What technology do you use in blogging? I am a young (ha,ha) student learning so much in this area. Throughout today you will read much more impressive answers than mine….but I have goals and I am learning daily! So, here goes…..I have a Dell Laptop! In the classroom, I use MACS all the way, but personally I am more comfortable with a PC! For photography, I currently use a NIKON cool pix…my sweet children gave me last summer for my birthday. My phone is antiquated…my kids (and recently my husband) have the cool ones.
2. What computer and online technology do you use? I am currently using Blogger; however, the blog I just started with the San Antonio Express News online is a WORDPRESS blog. So, I am going to use it for awhile and possibly switch the other one to WORDPRESS at some point. I also use PICASA for my editing pictures. I like PICASA and do not have any issues with it at this time. I realize PHOTOSHOP is way cooler…but I will be evaluating this when I really understand where my blogs are headed. I am using Twitter basically to promote the blog and I just recently set up a FACEBOOK page…but it comes with more issues than I really want to deal with at this time. I already have many students asking me to be their friends and I do not want to cross that line. I have much to ponder there.
3. What is your process for taking pictures? This has been tough. My classroom is NOT the greatest place for pictures, but it is my world every day. I have a wonderful friend, Mrs. Joy, who has agreed to come into my one off period and snap a photo for me. She is vitally important to this process right now, because no one else is really around to do this for me after school. I am attempting to take more outfit pictures on the weekends and store them up…just so I have more interesting backgrounds. But, weekends are busy, so that is a challenge as well. There also have been times that I changed my blog theme ideas and threw out the weekend pictures in order to go with something else. As of right now, I am attempting to get more creative within the four walls of my classroom where I live….when your students are producing a 32-page monthly news magazine; a news website; a broadcast station; and a yearbook…you kind of live here.
|The fabulous Mrs. Joy…my photographer!
This would never happen without her!
She is the best!!
4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily? One of my goals for 2011 is to have more “on location” shots. There are some amazing places around San Antonio for style photos….if I can just get the time and a willing photographer. Possibly upgrading my camera and using a tripod will alleviate some of the photography challenges.
5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying? For me, it would first be an IPHONE and then a FLIP CAMERA. I would love to add some video to the blog and with both of those I believe I would have it covered. I would like an IPHONE for many reasons. I really cannot TWEET like I would like to until I upgrade the phone.
Now for more answers to how all of the talented bloggers get their talents on display for you to enjoy, just go to Modly Chic at http://www.modlychic.com/!!