|Jacket & Blouse: Stein Mart
Wow, it is a crazy day! I am monitoring Saipan and the Tsunami alert (my future son-in-law is there)…Spring Break begins today…I go to my first blogging conference in Austin this weekend…much, much is going on!
But, Katy at Modly Chic chose to discuss BLOGGING BALANCE today and that is a great subject. Blogging can suck your life away…but if you don’t mind that, then it is alright. However, there are many with other things happening in their lives and it is a great thing to discuss the balancing act. Go to her site to see more bloggers and their answers. I am watching the news while doing this, but I will give it a try….
|Gigi looked fabulous yesterday!
Stein Mart was the place
where all her pieces were purchased.
1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall? My faith and family are at the top of my priorities with my students/job next….I guess blogging is currently about fourth or fifth. Since our family began working on a wedding this summer, blogging has now fallen behind wedding!! But, I still give it top billing in my life because I believe I am doing this for a purpose…not just my own entertainment.
2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible? I have a little bit of an advantage on some of the younger bloggers right now. I am not caring for young children, so I can give blogging more time in the evening. I currently just try to be mindful that if I work on it a little bit at a time throughout the day, I can complete a post at the end or beginning of a day….hope that makes sense to others. I know my blog would be better with more time given and I believe that time will come this summer….so I just need to be patient and do what I can with it for this time.
3. Have you discovered any shortcuts that make blogging easier and more efficient? No… these questions and the blogging conference I am going to attend this weekend may help me with this…it also might heap more work on me. But that is fine for right now.
|Love my little flower ring!!|
4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead? I do not have a calendar for the Blogger Blog, but I have a relaxed one for the Express News blog. In my journalism world, I am used to having “loose” plans with understanding that an event can change those plans in one second. After years of this, I am trained to react to different situations. I do not panic, if I do not know what I am writing about tomorrow. I also do this with my journalism lesson plans…we react in my classroom to what it happening around us each day and adapt the lesson to it. I just adapted today’s lesson around Japan and the Pacific Ocean.
5. If time wasn’t an issue, what would you be doing on your blog/with your blog right now? I actually am working on a variety of plans for the future that I would implement sooner if I could. But, they will have to wait until after my daughter’s wedding. I hope to do many things after the wedding this summer and see if I can kick this up a notch. One thing I would like to do right away is improve the photography and possibly add a video or two. I hope to learn much this weekend in Austin from all of the talented ladies who will be there.
My next post will be AFTER the conference in Austin and I hope to tell you many things that I learned!!…..hmmm…what to wear, what to wear??????
Have a beautiful weekend, everyone!