|Sweater/Satin Top: Lane Bryant
JNY Pants: Macys
Sam Edleman Ballet Flats: DSW
Whew….it has been a fast week of blogger events….from Visible Monday to Bloggers Do it Better to bloggers speak out on behalf of Domestic Violence and Breast Cancer to today, Modly Chic’s FBFF!! I need the three day weekend just to recover and prepare for San Antonio’s Fashion Week which begins on Sunday!!
|Wore with this shawl from Marshalls|
Before I plunge into the questions, I do want to say that I sit every day and stare at a room full of Apple Computers….these MACS help prepare some of my students for careers in communications. A legacy left by Steve Jobs. One thing I will remember is his graduation speech where he told kids to pursue what they love and to live each day to its fullest one day at a time….I am in agreement! I tell my kids every day they need to find what they love and go after it….no matter what challenges lay before them. Hopefully, working on these computers….a dream achieved by someone who loved it…will inspire them to go forward. It is so sad when someone with great talent leaves so early…but he certainly left a place in our history forever.
|Necklace: Lane Bryant
Now, to Katy’s questions:
1. Do you ever see a fad hit the store and immediately dislike it? Of course….I am going to go out on a limb and say that everyone has seen something that did not appeal to their personal taste. For example, I personally do not like the red, green, and yellow jeans that are popular right now. They look great on other ladies, but I just do not like them for me…so far, that hasn’t changed. At first, I did not like leggings…but they have become a favorite of mine on the weekends!! (Even though some fashion experts say that 50 and over should not wear leggings!!)
|Shawl was great for the air conditioned
2. Has the popularity of a certain piece of clothing or line ever convinced you to try on something (or purchase something) you dislike? As I said above, leggings! When I tried them on, I was amazed at how much I liked them. I recently purchased a pair of T strapped shoes that surprised me…I expected not to like them! But, What Not To Wear taught me to be open to trying things on before I rule them out.
3. Have you ever changed your mind about a trend after seeing it around for a while? I currently have more animal prints than I ever thought I would have; but, I love the trend and the fact that it really never goes away!! Also, right now I am wearing more sequin tops than I ever thought I would wear…they grew on me…and I love them!
4. Do you feel a certain pressure to have specific items in your closet because “everyone” else does? Not any longer!! When I was younger, there was much peer pressure that I allowed to affect me! Now, if I like it….fine…if I don’t…fine! I would love to own top designer clothes, but that is not where my income is…so it does not do any good to lament over it or go into financial crisis over it either!
|These were my summer purchases at DSW including the ballet
flats I wore with this outfit!!
5. Be honest, what do you think of the Missoni line? Did you grab any items? Is it worth the eBay prices? Apparently, this is a trend that many women like. For me… just not attracted to this particular zig zag print. I personally do not like it at all. I do not know what the eBay prices are….but I would not buy it on a Clearance Rack. That said, I know there are some who love it and that is great…that’s what keeps the fashion industry thriving. I know there are things I like that many others do not! I blog to encourage 50+ women to look and feel their best!! If some of them feel confident and fabulous in Missoni, then go for it!!
Now, head over to Katy’s Modly Chic to read other blogger answers and enjoy your weekend….there is a slight chance for rain in San Antonio…I will be praying that it happens!!