What better way, to begin a new year than with a decision to take care of YOU! Beginning today, every Thursday, I will bring you tips and stories of other women who have decided to put themselves on the priority list!
Many of you know I am a journalism teacher and journalist. I read news constantly. There were several articles this past year about the rise of women in depression…women alcoholics…women on anti-depressants…and Baby Boomers who are choosing to take there own lives. Here are a few of those articles, CNN on Women and Alcohol; NY Times on Anti=Depressants; NY TImes on Suicides Rise for Middle Age Americans.
But, I learned at age 50, it is never too late to turn things around and begin to care for yourself…then you can actually do more for your family, career, and others around you. So, on Thursdays I will tell you how I did it! Of course, I continue to be a work in progress!
I hope to create a new army of women encouraging other women to come out of despondency and enjoy life again!! Confidence is attractive on all levels and it is not expensive or prideful! But, there are ways to energize your life and set a new course to change some of the grim statistics hovering over women today.
Please join me in holding up your own I MATTER sign.
Have a fabulous Thursday and make sure you join us and visit the amazing bloggers of Katie’s Favorite Things Blog Hop!
Its time for the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!
- Remember to Follow Your hostesses- Katherines Corner, Sew Crafty Angel, Cuddlebug Cuties, Over 50 Feeling 40, Vintage Mama and The Tablescaper
- Please leave comments when you visit
- Please Link to your post and not to your blog home page
- Linkback on your post (optional, but always appreciated)
- Grab the hop button code from The button page (optional)
- No adult content blogs
- No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)
- Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone’s favorite thing) Add your giveaways to Katherines Giveaways Page too!
Hop on and link up to share your favorites. If you’d like to post this blog hop on your page too, please copy the linky code. If you would like to receive reminders for the hop please add your email address to the reminder area on Katherines Hop post.