In our discussions of looking elegant over 50, I must include how to wear summer kaftans, and introduce you to Carla Christoph Designs. (I think both caftan and kaftans are acceptable for spelling…but since Carla uses kaftan, I will do the same!) Many of us love a lightweight kaftan during the summer for wear either around the house, after a day at the pool or beach, or for resort wear (when we are able to travel again!). They can be very elegant and comfortable during the summer heat. However, the biggest issue with most kaftans is fit. The majority are oversized and not flattering at all.
Enter my fellow -Texan, designer Carla Christoph. Carla offers one of a kind, custom fit kaftans….and they are stunning….whether long or short. She also custom designs tunic tops.
The best ways to wear a kaftan with confidence are:
- Wear a kaftan that fits well and is made to fit you and not swallow you!
- Wear colors you love…when you go with a custom fit that is easier to accomplish.
- Be bold to add pieces of jewelry…necklaces and bracelets to enhance the look. Make it you and special to you.
- For casual, around-the-pool style, wear your kaftan with flats. If wearing out for a meal outdoors at your favorite restaurant, then wear a nice wedge sandal and a slip underneath. Carla recommends this Coreal Slip.
- A custom fit kaftan by Carla can be worn with confidence again and again, plus she will make any necessary adjustments to get it just the way you want it.
- Use summer as the reason to wear bold, vibrant color in your custom-made kaftan.
Her kaftans can be washed in cool water then dried either by hanging up or on the gentle cycle. You can see her sequined detail around my neckline…love a touch of sparkle!
“When we feel good about ourselves, we feel powerful which in turn gives us confidence and honestly, what is more alluring than a gorgeous façade bolstered by self-assurance.”
-Tish Jett, Forever Chic
MAKE EACH MOMENT SPECIAL
In my goal to make every moment special, here is another way to embellish your hydration during the day! Today, I have added fresh strawberries to my water. I love the hint of strawberry when I am drinking my every day glass of water. I can really feel special sitting on my patio in a stunning kaftan with my delish water and listening to the backyard birds and breezes. It just makes a stressful summer more special and enjoyable.
Check out Carla Christoph Designs, and don’t shy away from confident dressing. Make each day special.
KEEP SMILING, EVERYONE!
JUST A NOTE:
There are several ways that I generate income through this blog in order to cover business expenses and give myself much needed income. Purchases through the slideshow links is one way, ads on the page is one way and a new way is through ordering or re-ordering the GOLI Apple Cider Vinegar gummies through me with my GOLI LINK HERE. Again, if you are not familiar with the benefits of apple cider vinegar, you should speak with your personal physician. My husband and I are sold on the benefits and I am proud to represent this product. I am going to leave this at the bottom of my posts so that when you, friends or family would like to order you can use my link. Thanks for the support. This is a great product; as well as, the ones below!
Mr. B and I love our meals from Sun Basket!
My Complexion Loves Chamonix:
By Pamela Lutrell
Disclaimer: I was gifted product for this post, but the words are my own.