Fashion designers and retailers are working diligently to attract customers back to the racks in 2021, and I have read several lists of what the trends will be.
I thought it might be fun to report some of my findings….and then let you comment on what trends would or would not work for you!
I do like to pay attention to trends because they keep me looking current and youthful with my style; however, they do not dictate my style.
From the runways to the racks, you will see more of:
- Patchwork designs in fabric
- Knits…lots of knits in response to more comfortwear at home
- Exuberant colors and pattern mixing designs
- Sheer/Romantic styles
- Luxury Sportswear…for example, metallics and taking sportswear to higher levels of fashion
- Lots of options in jeans and denim
- Outfits and fabrics with nautical/seaside designs
- Florals – one magazine called them fantasy florals, and one called them delicate florals
- Very BIG, bold shoulders
- More feather trim on garments and accessories
- More wide leg pants
- More white before Labor Day
- Oversized Boyfriend Jackets and the return of more oversized toppers
- Headscarves…yes, like many of our mother’s wore and like Princess Grace and Audrey Hepburn
- Yellow Handbags
- Yellow & Camel together
- Blue accessories
- Bags with Fringe
- Folk Inspired Prints for Coats
- Sorbet inspired pastels (soft lavenders, cool mints)
- Pantone Colors of the Year (yes, two!). Soft yellow and gray
Did the list make you snooze or get you excited for a new season of fashion? It has been a few years since I have seen a list with no animal prints on it…think they will retire for awhile…but rest assured, they will return.
This is a great week to make your donations to your favorite thrift shop and get a receipt for tax purposes. Then, the early weeks of January are great times to shop thrift!
I loved this plaid bracelet over the holidays after finding it at our local Goodwill San Antonio. And the suede jacket below was great for seasonal color….
It is so much fun to find a Liz Claiborne suede jacket for $4.99! Make sure to check your thrift shops for Senior Citizen Days to get even more savings.
So, tell us, ladies…what is on the trend list that is a yes and a no for you! Let’s see if we can help the world of fashion understand the Woman over 50 customer and what her likes and dislikes are…..
I appreciate everyone of you who comment, follow, read and respond to requests…you are the best!
KEEP SMILING, EVERYONE!
Take some time this week to smell the flowers and look over the amazing sales going on….
SHOPPING LINKS are now located at the top of the page under the tab of the same name!
By Pamela Lutrell
Disclaimer: I am provided gift cards to shop Goodwill and then report what I find!