|Gigi’s Shoes from Kohl’s. So great, just had to show
them once again!!
Before I answer the questions from today’s Modly Chic FBFF…allow me to tell you a little story: Once upon a time there was a twenty-something fashionista whose best friend was Bruno Magli! She believed the more dramatic the stilletto…the better!! But, one day, she told Bruno good bye and her best friend for years became Huggies Diapers!! During those child bearing years, the fashionista made bad decisions and put on many pounds. The stillettos and the wieght worked against her feet…leaving behind something worse than a poisoned apple…..bunions!! It would not be until after she turned the evil 50, that she decided to kick the bunions out the door and scheduled surgery! Now, bunions gone, diapers gone, pounds on the way out….she has returned to her love of shoes. But, alas, all bad decisions have consequences, so she no longer is a stilletto queen, but a “love-of-flats-and-kitten-heels” feeling 40 kind of girl!! There is a happy ending…..shoe designers are creating some really cute flats, so the over 50 fashionista can smile again!!
|My Antonio Melani “go to” flats of the moment!!|
Now, let’s answer those questions!!
1. What is your go to pair of shoes? I think this question defintely changes with seasons. Once April hits Texas, my go to shoes are always sandals! I currently love my Minnetonka and BOC (Born Concept) sandals for style and comfort. But, recently I purchased a really cute pair of patton black flats by Antonio Melani…they go with anything and I find myself reaching for them a lot…whether with denim or dresses.
|Currently, in Texas, it’s all about SANDALS!|
2. What goes into your shoe buying decisions? As my story revealed, I now look for comfort and style. I am like most girls…I love a fun shoe….it just can no longer be a high heel!! Plus it must be affordable!!
3. What color are the majority of shoes in your closet? Black and metallics….I have many versions of a black shoe from flats, to boots, to pointy toe, to round toe…..I need to stop that and go for something else!
I also love gold, bronze, silver shoes!! and seem to have several versions of them!
4. When it comes to designer shoes, what are your favorites and why? Antonio Melani and Michael Kors for style and comfort!! I trust them with my feet!!
|Ross is a great place for designer sandals!!|
5. If price wasn’t an issue, which shoe would you own? I purchase the majority of my shoes at Marshalls, Ross, Target and consignment shops…so spending $100 for shoes is a huge decision on a teacher salary…therefore, this nude, kitten heel by Michael Kors would be where I would go first!!
|Michael Kors Nude Kitten Heel!!
Michael Kors Flex Low Pump
Have a great weekend….put your feet up and take care of them!!! Now read about other fashionistas and their shoes on