|Discovered this fun blouse at Goodwill!!|
Let the purging begin!! It’s that fun time of year when many women sweep through their closets! Goodwill and other thrift shops receive an influx of donations, for that valuable tax credit, before the year ends. Then there are those of us who desire a fresh start at the beginning of a new year or just need room for Christmas gifts…so we organize the closet! Retailers are cleaning off shelves getting ready for the spring lines to arrive. What this means is simply one thing…SAVINGS for all of us and a fun time of year to shop!
|Chicos Scarf: Goodwill, $3
Gold Belt: $1
Purple maxi-skirt, 50% off: Lane Bryant, $20
I really like Goodwill. Somehow, I feel as though I am helping the people who work there, or are getting job training and assistance from this organization. According to their website, 74 million people donated to their stores last year! I always enjoy conversing with the checkers (if there is not a line) and there was a time probably ten years ago that such a conversation lead me to discover the checker was actually a young man who had played one of the leads in the movie, When in Rome, starring Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen!! He was serving community service working at Goodwill…won’t go into details though he was very forthright with his indiscretions. But, he also seemed genuinely repentant! According to my daughter who was very young at the time and an Olsen Twin fan, that was the best discovery I ever made at Goodwill!!
I thought I would share some of the treasures Gigi and I discovered after Christmas…either at Goodwill, or consignment, or sales!! Did anyone else find something they love, shopping after the holiday??
|Gigi found this great top at her favorite consignment shop,|
|Love her earrings…they were a Christmas gift!|
|Have a great weekend, everyone!!|
I am honored to once again be selected for IFB’s Links a la Mode!!
There is some great reading here, and I hope you can check out all!!
Ringing in 2012 with Style
Edited by: Meghan Donovan of WIT & Whimsy
It’s clear from this week’s Links a La Mode that we are all excited to have 2012 here and that we’re sure it will be one stylish year. From closet clean-out tips to style resolutions, IFB members have loads of ways this week to work that closet in the new year.
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: JANUARY 5TH
- Blonde Vivant: Spring 2012’s Brights
- Coming Unstitched: Man’s Word on Spring Trends
- Dress with Courage: 2012 Style Goals
- elodiebubble: The Fearless Shoes of 2012
- Endear: Closet Clean-out
- Fashion Hacker: 2012 Style Resolutions
- Girl Next Door Fashion: Get Inspired with Your Wardrobe
- Gracefuls: Rose Gold Eye Makeup Tutorial
- House of Modern Vintage: Vintage Nightgowns
- Inexpensive Chic: Wearing Your Denim Jacket in Winter
- My Fashion Wish List: Classic Buys You Won’t Regret
- Over 50 Feeling 40: Journalism 101 for Fashion Bloggers
- Simply Frabulous: 10 Unforgettable Pieces of Fashion News from 2011
- Style Abuse: Bring on Print-Blocking
- Style Delights: Caring for Cashmere
- Styledelica: New Year, New Fashion Goals
- Sugar & Chiffon: Peter Pan Collar Trend
- Sugar and Spice: Shopping the Sales Now
- The Average Girl’s Guide: Closet Clean up for 2012
- WIT & Whimsy: A Touch of Ralph Lauren Rugby
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine