|I am wearing another great pair of sunglasses from Carmen Marc Valvo!|
“Color blocking. That’s the trend. It’s everywhere,” Gigi said after a trip to SA’s trendiest mall, The Shops at La Cantera. “But, I have no idea what to do with it!” I assured her that this was not rocket science and began to discuss pieces in her wardrobe which she could easily wear together and VIOLA….it’s color blocking!
There is no need to be afraid of fashion trends and avoid them from lack of confidence. The trends for Spring 2012 are really nothing to fear…so for VISIBLE MONDAY…I decided to be visible in a couple of trends. My trend information was mostly gathered from Harper’s Bazaar.
|Jacket: Stein Mart
Red Denim Jeggings: Lane Bryant
Ballet Flats: Target
1. Colored Denim. I said in an earlier post, I was determined not to get colored denim, but now that I have given in…I LOVE IT! I would like to add green and blue to my wardrobe, if I find a way to make it happen.
2. “Tailored” White Pieces. Notice, the trend is “tailored.” That is why I wore this white jacket today and it is a great reason why everyone should enter my contest for a fabulous, no-iron, tailored blouse from the Foxcroft Collection. The winner will be drawn soon, on March 1.
3. Graphic Design. I bought this top last year for $7.00 at Ross not really knowing that the trend would follow for two seasons. Ross, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx are great places to find the trends in season…at reasonable prices.
4. Safari….I am not wearing it, but the safari/military trends continue with khaki and army green garments the best ways to take these trends forward.
5. Sports Influence. Not hard, ladies. I think I would do jeans, a great fitting T-shirt, and a sports knit jacket on top….maybe even with an athletic shoe.
6. Drop Waist and Sequins. I do not own a drop waist item, but I do have sequins and can pull out the sequined T-shirts and tanks to wear under jackets.
7. Intricate embellishments and light colors. This is where it is good to be a girlie-girl or stylish lady with a little bit of lace, or florals, or pearls.
|Bracelet: Forever 21|
See, it is not that difficult to stay and look in style. This is the fun part of fashion. But, don’t overdo or try to hard….keep it you!!