I had so much fun last week doing some intensive thrift shopping, and I just may do a little more this week. I have said before I love a good treasure hunt, so today I want to offer you 5 Tips for Successful Thrift Shopping. It can be so much fun if you follow these tips.
1. Don’t go unless you have a good junk of time to give the task. It takes time to find the real treasures. You need to have time to filter through all of the garments, to be able to think about your wardrobe without distractions, and, of course, to try things on!
2. Look for garments that appear to be new or like new. Of course, we don’t want anyone to suspect what we are wearing is from a thrift shop…that is our wonderful secret. This jacket from DressBarn still had tags on when I found it at GoodwillSA. I was looking for some business casual, light-weight garments for summer heat. This particular color scheme and pattern fits well in my wardrobe.
3. Have fun with thrift shopping. It is the perfect time to step out of your comfort zone and try some creative pieces. Also, remember accessories. I found this bracelet on a clearance rack at a resale shop last week and I love it. Great $4 find, as far as I am concerned!
4. When pondering pricing, remember to leave some money for cleaning. I like to get a thrift garment cleaned well and will usually take them to the dry cleaners…even if it is a washable garment.
5. Finally, always check on savings…..even at a thrift shop. Many have certain colors on sale for a particular day, have senior discounts, military discounts. I know you are already shopping a discounted item, but don’t hesitate to see if you can get a little more!!
I have mixed this thrift jacket and bracelet, with a retail purchased necklace, Eileen Fisher pants, and a Chicos tank for an outfit I will wear to work some day. I like how the circle in the necklace goes with the circles in the print of the jacket.
Does anyone else have tips for thrift shopping? It is one of my favorite pasttimes. Please share….and
I have some fun accessory choices below, but first I wanted to share with you a special going on at one of my favorite jewelry stores, James Avery.
Viva Fiesta, San Antonio! I am celebrating this year, our city’s 300th year, by adding this Fiesta Charm to my bracelet James Avery Artisan Jewelry I love personalized jewelry and with my beautiful bracelet I can add city charms, family charms, and my personal loves. I plan to add the Alamo and State of Texas next. Right now until May 29. if you purchase two charms you will receive a charm necklace or bracelet for free! That is huge…a $70 value and a great Mother’s Day gift. So celebrate Fiesta or any day with these lovely, high quality charms. #ad #sponsored #myjamesavery #charms #fiestasanantonio#fiestasa #mothersdaygift