Over the past year, when some of my stress levels were at their highest, I became obsessed with all things lavender. It began with a visit to the Loma de Vida Spa at the La Cantera Hill Country Resort, when one of the technicians began to teach me about the power of lavender. I knew it was known to be a calming aroma, but did you know, it does much more??
In fact, according to ORGANICFACTS.NET, the top benefits of lavender include
- Reduces mental stress and anxiety
- Aides in treating insomnia
- Improves blood circulation
- Battles respiratory tract infections
- Boosts immunity and digestive health
- Increases cognitive functions
- Treats acne, and hair loss
- Stimulates healthy urine flow
- Relieves muscle and joint pains
- Is an effective bug repellant and reduces irritation caused by bug bites
With the reading of each benefit on the list, I was convinced more and more that this is an aroma I need around the rest of my days. Above are a few ways, I experience lavender every day. In hand lotion, in scented oils, in pillow spray, and in the products I am currently using to promote a restful night (ZzzQuil chews and balm).
I also added lavender oil to my office diffuser. Every co-worker who has entered the office so far has commented on the wonderful aroma. I need to use it this summer before I go to outdoor events and see if the one about being a bug repellant really works. I cannot tell you I know for sure it helps in all of these areas, but I can tell you that I love the aroma and will do anything to promote sleep and peace!
What about you? Do you believe in the benefits of lavender? You might check out the products below if you like it as much as I do!