This post has been sponsored by Inside Rx. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I like to discover new information and affordable options for all of us to help remain healthy and feeling our best. Of course, one of those ways is to be consistent and follow directions with our prescriptions. With the rising costs of medications, many without insurance may choose to not take all of the prescription as ordered by their doctor. Enter assistance from Inside Rx. Let me explain.
First, let’s take a quick look at prescription medication. According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the past 30 days:
- Almost half (48.9%) of people have used at least one prescription drug
- About a fourth (23.1%) of people have used three or more prescription drugs
- 9% have used five or more prescription drugs
Prescription medications can save and improve the quality of life for millions every year—particularly for the estimated 157 million people who by 2020 will have been diagnosed with a chronic condition.
Not taking the medications as prescribed—also called non-adherence—can worsen a condition, require additional medical care, or even cause other health problems which ultimately increases your healthcare costs
- The CDC estimates non-adherence causes 30-50% of chronic disease treatment failures and 125,000 deaths per year in the U.S.3
- Among people with chronic conditions, non-adherence is estimated to cost the American healthcare system up to $300 billion annually
People without health insurance or those who have health insurance but face high out-of-pocket costs, sometimes opt not to fill their prescriptions—it is estimated that between 20-30% of new prescriptions are never filled.
I know that many in this audience are Baby Boomers. As we age, we often see an increase in the cost as well as the number of medications we take. This can be a real obstacle in preventing some to live their best life now.
This is why I am pleased to introduce you to the Inside Rx prescription savings card. With Inside Rx, saving on prescription medications may be easier. This card may help those struggling with their medications to purchase them at more affordable prices. Here’s how:
- Go to InsideRx.com to confirm your eligibility for your medication and find the best deal and closest pharmacy near you – Inside Rx has more than 40,000 participating pharmacies in the United States and Puerto Rico
- Download a free prescription savings card and see how much you can save on brand-name and generic medications
- Show your card and prescription to a pharmacist
- Enjoy the savings and use the same card every trip for every medication
Have pets with prescription medications? Inside Rx may help you save on their medications too with the Inside Rx Pets card when you purchase the medications at the participating pharmacy. Inside Rx is not insurance and use is subject to terms and conditions at InsideRx.com. The Inside Rx Pets card offers discounts on select human medications commonly prescribed for pets at participating pharmacies. See InsideRxPets.com for more information.
Here are a few tips to help you save. Download a free savings card from InsideRx.com to see if you can benefit from the discounts that average 78% on generic medications and 37% on select brand medications! (Note other discounts will apply for the Inside Rx Pets card.) If you are uninsured, have a high deductible plan or the medication your doctor ordered isn’t covered by your insurance, you can download a savings card for free at InsideRx.com. The card can be used at more than 40,000 participating pharmacies, including big national chains.
If you have insurance, check if you can lower your copay by switching pharmacies or signing up for home delivery; switching to home delivery can offer savings on a 90-day supply of medications.
If you take a brand-name medicine, talk with doctor or pharmacist to see if there’s a generic or less expensive option that will work for you.
If you have not considered your options, then please do that today. Check out Inside Rx to see if they can help you save money and remain your healthy best.