Let’s have some fun today…I would like you to be my interior designer and help me makeover my kitchen. Mr. B and I have been planning this for some time now and are about ready to take the plunge. We have lived in our custom built home for 18 years and it was already about 15 years old when we purchased it. We have slowly made upgrades,, but it is time for a big one…the appliances are tired!
Here are some things you need to know before we begin:
- There is nothing modern about me. I love French Country design and would even go so far as to say that I decorate my home as if it were a Texas Hill Country B & B…some of you will know what that means. I like warm and inviting decor.
- Our saltillo tiles on the floors stay put…non-negotiable.
- The photo above is my top inspiration photo at the moment. I am thinking antique white cabinets, and I love this bronze country sink…though I do not know yet if it is out of the budget
YOUR HELP REQUESTED
I am going to give you three views of my kitchen. In selecting colors, I have to consider the tile on the floor, the bricks on the far family room wall, and you will see another view of bricks on the bar. At the other end of the family room is a breakfast room, and French Doors to the back patio area.
Here are my main questions:
- First, feel free to tell me what you would do without my inspiration photo in mind.
- Would you leave the family room red or paint and if you say paint…What color?
- If I stick with my inspiration photo, would there be any place else you would accent with the dark brown…since I do not have a fabulous window like that…but I could do the frame around the French Doors not pictured here.
- Finally, it is a large kitchen and I have considered an island, but I am concerned it would limit space and I would eventually regret it. Thoughts?
OK, I am your client, give me your best. I am anxious to hear what some of you think. Of course, I had to do a home decor slideshow today! What’s the fun of a re-do without thinking of decorations. Thanks for the help, everyone!!
Thank you so much for being here… stay home…stay safe…stay hopeful and…………
Remember, in our social distancing world, your smile is the way you send hugs!
KEEP SMILING….and HUGGING!
By Pamela Lutrell