Happy Thursday, all. Today I wanted to discuss how to wear mules/slides as an elegant accessory for women over 50 and give you five tips.
Next to my ballet flats, I am enjoying wearing my mules more and more to update my style and take it more into the elegance I seek. These are shoes which have no back and are covered at the toe.
Here are some tips, I hope will help those of you who also love a beautiful mule….
5 TIPS TO HELP YOU LOOK ELEGANT
- Pretty Feet are a must. I do get a monthly pedicure for many reasons, but well cared for heels is necessary when wearing slides and mules.
- In-between foot care is also a must. I currently love this Blue Emu Foot care lotion and use it every night. It keeps my heels smooth and has a refreshing tingle to it. I really like the results.
3. Quality leather or leather-like mules are the most elegant. I just love the way they look particularly with skinny denim, leggings, or nice trousers. I wear them for casual and nicer styles. I did not feel comfortable wearing them in the office building, but now that I am self-employed…Game On! Also, there are some fun styles on the market that are not in the leather or leather-like area, but are super cute and more casual.
4. Don’t slip slide away. I have run into an occasional mule which slip on my feet. To help prevent this, try a half-foot sock with a little thickness to it and on the bottom of the shoe a strip of two- sided tape will slow you down if it slips while walking. The two slides I am wearing today do not slip, so I haven’t had to help them out.
5. Actually, with any new shoe it is a good idea to wear them around the house and practice before going out just to make sure you got a good fit. But, practicing with a mule is really helpful if you are not accustomed to wearing them.
LOVE A LITTLE HISTORY
I find all history to be interesting and love to learn how certain garments happened to be created. These began as bedroom slippers, not worn in public, all the way back to ancient Rome, but did not become popular until the 16th century in Europe. It is reported that these were Marilyn Monroe’s favorite shoe…which surprised me.
Of course, with the backs missing, they are more popular in the summer. But our weather is so mild in San Antonio, I can wear them most of the year.
FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP
Let’s top our look today with a beautiful mauve trio from REALHER…the makeup which comes with great affirmations to inspire us throughout the day. I do like this lip trio a lot in mauve and here are a couple of places to locate these products! Enjoy!
Of course, today’s main slideshow is all about mules (ok, I included one sneaker at the end because I thought it was so cute)…many are currently on sale. Thanks for being here, and always, always