Hello friends! Today I want to discuss how building good health over 50 should make you smile!
You are looking at Kat, my new fitness instructor and she is all about joy in a workout.
Let’s face it, if I do not enjoy my workout, then I am not going to do it.
So, I am thrilled to discover TAPfit where I am literally tapping into my love of dance!
I loved tap dancing as a child, so when the designers (Kat and her sisters) of TAPFIT asked me to review their program, I said a resounding YES, that sounds like so much fun…and it is.
The TAPfit beginners kit comes with slip-on taps for your shoes, a tapping mat and if you need it a CD. I am using their online program.
I literally started yesterday and I do plan to post a video at some point, but here is what I know so far…
- I needed Mr. B to help me get the tap shoe on my sneakers…it needed a stronger hand. I plan to just leave them on these shoes.
- I tried this on the carpet in my office, but I believe it will work better to move it to a flat floor like I have downstairs.
- You might want a chair nearby…this is a good balance workout as well as cardio.
- If you tapped when you were younger like me, the steps do come easily back. If you are new to tap, you should practice the foundational steps for awhile before beginning the workouts.
- Kat is a fun and happy instructor…the whole thing made me smile.
I will be reporting back in and do hope to make a video doing this…as silly as I may look…but I love a workout that makes me happy and this one does.
When I got up yesterday, we had storms predicted to stay around all day. So, before I did TAPfit, I actually did a cardio workout with Pahla B…she makes me smile too! I really enjoy her workouts!
HEALTHY EATING TO MAKE YOU SMILE
I also recommend that you follow a morning workout with something healthy that you love. I am really into this healthy bowl of oatmeal with blueberries…and topped with a little honey and lavender!
I always select local honey made with the local wildflowers…and this one does have lavender in it.
Using the local honey will help build immunity with allergies…and I can use all of the help I can get with that!
I am actually shopping for new workout clothing….which has been a long time coming…I need to look my best for my tap performances…right?
Here is a slideshow of items I have found….
Any other tap dancers out there? What type of workouts make you smile? Please share and make sure that you…………………….
By Pamela Lutrell
Disclaimer: I was provided this program for review and the words are my own.