Happy Thursday, ladies. Welcome to my post with thoughts on the Fall Fashion Trends 2022: Pros and Cons.
I know many of the sales we see in July are introducing fall fashion trends for 2022; and it prompted me to implore you, the consumer, to keep a few things in mind when shopping.
I also know there are some of you who refuse to think about fall fashion trends this early, but you might want to read over these points, so that you are ready when you decide to shop.
Let’s get started…..
FALL FASHION TRENDS 2022: PROS
In shedding some light on fall fashion trends, I decided it is best to start with acknowledgement there are some benefits in knowing what the trends are for 2022.
I selected this image because you will see an abundance of black and green this coming fall….
FASHION TREND PROS:
- These fall fashion trends often dictate the type of clothing we will see in many retail outlets. So, when you notice a plethora of black moto jackets, you will understand it is a fall fashion trend 2022.
- Fall fashion trends offer the consumer new options to modernize a wardrobe. Many women want to stay current with their style and understanding trends provide those options.
- Fall fashion trends are designed to keep clothing options fresh and not all look the same from season -to -season.
- Finally, when you have knowledge of fall fashion trends and trend colors, then if you already have those in your wardrobe you can select them for current style in 2022.
That is why I am glad to already have this green jacket (Banana Republic) in my closet, because an abundance of GREEN is a fall fashion trend this year.
FALL FASHION TRENDS 2022: CONS
If you are in the fashion industry, you may not like this part…but the cons must be covered in order to prevent so many women from being…well… “conned.”
FASHION TREND CONS:
- The fall fashion trends 2022 are definitely for younger women and it is more evident this year than ever before. Not only that, if you enjoy modesty, you are not going to find it in many of these trends. Trends may be targeted at younger women because we have had time to learn from experience!
- Fashion trends are often designed to motivate the women to spend quickly to grab the trend and thus often to waste money. Many just hit the shopping bag and not consider what the fashion trend may or may not communicate to others about you.
- Fall fashion trends can lead to dissatisfaction when they do not fit your unique personal style, fit your lifestyle, or look on you the way they look on models or influencers.
- Many fall fashion trends end up just hanging in the closet. They might as well have a big sign there…WHY DID I BUY THIS?
FASHION TRENDS VS. CONFIDENT STYLE
Today, I feature this outfit I wore this week when I was going out and about in order to show you these cropped jeans. I have owned and worn them for years. Soft Surroundings no longer sells the Metro Leggings, but these, as well as the others I own, fit me like a glove, fit my style adjectives; fit my budget; and have survived many washings. They are a part of my confident style and were not a fashion trend. They are just now after so many years, looking like garment retirement is near.
The cost per wear for me of these pants is very very low.
Confident Style is the goal…not necessarily trendy style.
If a fashion trend speaks your style adjectives (for best explanation on style adjectives watch: DEVELOP YOUR OWN UNIQUE STYLE) and is available in your best colors, then it is, of course worth your time and consideration.
I have taken a lot of heat for my dismissal of the distressed denim fashion trend. The messages it spoke to me were not what I wanted to say to the world about me.
I never saw looking back at me in the dressing room mirror a current, cool, trendy woman.
In order not to offend, I will not say what they spoke to me about me.
In 2022, the distressed denim remains in the Fall Fashion Trends on a larger scale. But, your personal style adjectives and confident style may include them.
When in the dressing room, before the mirror, always ask WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT ME? And does it speak your five style adjectives.
I always ask the first question and then I ask, does this say that I am joyful, approachable, creative, polished and current.
The word “current” for me is not about fashion trends, but more about looking youthful and not frumpy.
When I was younger, I wasted much money on fashion trends. However, when I began to understand that clothing sends messages about us and developed my five adjectives, then the waste stopped.
As you approach the current sales…which are amazing this year…keep these things in mind. It just might save you some money and time.
My goal in writing this is to encourage you to be a beautiful, unique, confident woman with self respect each and every day…no matter what those days include.
I am looking more for my style adjectives and best vibrant autumn colors than for trends. I will share what I discover.
Please share any thoughts you have about fall fashion trends…and tomorrow, I will discuss the fashion trend colors. Thank you so much for being here…I so hope this helps.
By Pamela Lutrell
I appreciate your support of this blog by shopping with my SHOPPING LINKS, and if you don’t see the retailer you need for anything, just send me an email and I will see if I have a link or if there is a sale you are looking for!
Email is email@example.com.
A special thank you to everyone who does this to offer your support of the blog!!
Check out my new video on YOUTUBE and please consider a subscription to my channel….Pamela Lutrell’s Channel.