Happy Fashion Friday, friends! I am seeking some help with what to wear on an Alaskan cruise?
I know some of you out there can help me decide what to wear on an Alaskan cruise we are taking this summer.
Having never gone on a cruise before (OK, I know that shocks some of you) the clothing directions have me a bit confused.
San Antonio is a very warm climate and I have never been to Alaska, so I do not know how much outerwear I need.
Here is the reason for the confusion…..
WHAT TO WEAR ON AN ALASKAN CRUISE?
I know this isn’t Alaska, but since I took this photo, I decided to use it for a cruise ship image.
When I look at the list of recommended clothing for a seven day Alaskan cruise, it is daunting to me.
There are recommendations for casual wear, casual nice wear, outerwear for rain and cold, dresses for formal wear, swimwear, hiking boots, sneakers, comfort shoes for casual and formal wear, scarves, hats….wow!
When it recommends casual clothing to go off the boat…are we talking rugged outdoor wear? How casual do you go?
How many suitcases do you need for all of that??
So, anyone who can alleviate my stress with these decisions…please share!!
WHAT TO WEAR ON AN ALASKAN CRUISE: DO THESE WORK?
I put together this outfit recently and wondered…would this work for a dinner outfit? Or is it too casual? Or do you avoid taking linen at all?
For those who want to know, this is a mixture of old and new:
- The linen wide leg pants were last year from Chico’s.
- I purchased the EMBROIDERED KIMONO recently to go with these pants…it is on sale and I bought it on sale.
- The tank is a reversible V neck TRAVELERS TANK…this color is sold out, but if you click the link it goes to the black one. I really like this tank.
- The necklace was purchased for wedding events, and I like it so much that I am wearing it often. This is the Southern Living Pearl Torsade Pendant Statement Necklace at Dillard’s. Comes in three colors.
- These are the Fit Flop Lulu Ombre Gold Glitter Sandals I purchased for wedding events. Currently on sale.
So, here is another question…do you take any sandals to wear on an Alaskan cruise? My other travel has all involved sandals…but also been in warmer places.
Seriously…how many shoes do you need?
These two dresses are very easy to roll up and pack, and wear out of the suitcase.
But, do I need something more formal to wear to dinner…or will these work?
How formal is formal…and the recommendations for a seven week cruise is to bring 7 dresses…do you really do that?
When I went to Cabo recently, I nailed the packing…I wore everything I took and got it just right.
With what to wear on an Alaskan cruise?? I am in the dark.
I like to look my best no matter what…but do I need to give that up and go super casual for this type of cruise…can you tell I am miffed?
Bring on your best advice, ladies, and I am certain others here will benefit from it.
What to wear to an Alaskan cruise?